A brave dog rescued her family from a fire

Bella, a Bichon Frise and Shih Tzu mix, was adopted on Boxing Day and is now happily settled with her owners Nicola and Bradley and their two daughters.

After putting the girls to bed one December night, Bradley decided to watch a movie while Nicola snuggled up with Bella.

“As usual, I went to bed with Bella snuggled up by my feet,” Nicola explained.
“The next thing I knew, Bella was panting in front of my face.”

“She’d never done that before, but I assumed she needed to use the restroom, so I went downstairs to let her out.”
She continued.

When Nicola entered the living room, she noticed thick black smoke wafting out and large flames everywhere.
The smoke alarm then goes off, and Nicola immediately wakes up the girls upstairs, prompting them to leave.
Nicola dashed back to the house, and Bella dashed upstairs, once the girls were safe.
“Bradley had fallen asleep in the chair, so a neighbor assisted me in dragging him outside before the Fire Brigade arrived and raced straight in for Bella,” Nicola explains.

Fortunately, Bella and Bradley were unharmed.
Their home was severely damaged, and they had to wait six months to be allowed back in.
They discovered that the Christmas tree lights were to blame for the fire.

“I shudder to think what might have happened if Bella hadn’t alerted me to the fire.”
“We’re all here to see another Christmas because of her,” Nicola said.
Watch Nicola’s interview to learn how Bella saved her family’s lives.