7 Foods You Should Never Feed To Your Dog

Canine proprietors are very much aware that chocolate is hurtful to hounds however there are different sustenances that can have annihilating outcomes whenever ingested too. Do you know which ones? The vast majority don’t either! A portion of the nourishments on this rundown are very astonishing. The canine stomach related framework is completely not quite the same as our own. It’s less created and can’t process certain sustenances people can. Many canine proprietors offer table pieces. In any case, those pieces can really be hurtful! Additionally, certain nourishments we eat should be put (WAY) distant on the grounds that they can even act like a toxic substance to your pet.


Here’s a list of foods you should NEVER give to your dog!

#1 Alliums

According to Wikipedia, “Allium is a genus of monocotyledonous flowering plants that includes hundreds of species, including the cultivated onion, garlic, scallion, shallot, leek, and chives.” This means that onion, garlic, scallions, leeks, and chives (and any food seasoned with them) are potentially TOXIC! Alliums can cause hemolytic anemia, which can damage a dog’s red blood cells.


#2 Rotten Or Spoiled Food

If you are too grossed out to eat it or you know it’s spoiled, DO NOT FEED IT TO YOUR DOG! Foods with mold, expired foods, or food that hasn’t been properly refrigerated is no good for you, therefore it’s NO GOOD for Fido! Throw it out and forget about it!

#3 Fried, Fatty Foods

Foods like fried chicken and french fries can be toxic to dogs. Eating fried foods can cause pancreatic inflammation leading to pancreatitis, which can turn into a life-threatening event.

If you’re worried that your dog consumed fried foods take her to the vet immediately— pancreatitis can cause extreme vomiting and requires immediate emergency care.

#4 Grapes

Vets have no idea why grapes make dogs so sick but there is a direct correlation between dogs eating grapes and kidney failure.

This includes raisins, dried currants, and fresh grapes! Dried currants and raisins can be even more lethal because they are more concentrated. This, of course, includes foods that contain raisins, dried currants and grapes as well. If you think your dog ingested these foods, watch for these signs of kidney failure: diarrhea and vomiting, dehydration, lethargy, low urine output, and weakness. If your dog has any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately!


#5 Macadamia Nuts

Like grapes, vets and scientists don’t understand why dogs cannot tolerate macadamia nuts BUT when ingested in large quantities, this nut can be extremely harmful. Nuts, in general, are not a good treat for dogs but this particular nut can be toxic. Symptoms include fever, muscle weakness, and vomiting.

error: Content is protected !!